National Trust 2020 AGM Invite
NATIONAL TRUST FOR THE CAYMAN ISLANDS NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF MEMBERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the Annual General Meeting (“the AGM”) of the members of The National Trust for the Cayman Islands (“the Trust”) will be held on Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 6:00 PM at George Town Yacht Club, Barcadere Marina, 606 North Sound Rd., George Town. Doors will open at 5:30pm for registration, formalities commencing at 6:30pm. Drinks and canapes will be served.
Covid-19 best practice guidance will be in place including hand sanitise stations and sterilised surfaces. Those members who are elderly, pregnant, or suffer from chronic conditions will be encouraged to submit their vote by proxy.
The AGM is held for the following purposes:
- To present the Annual Report and the Financial Report for the year end June 30, 2020;
- To elect members of the Council of the Trust for 2020/21; and
- To transact such other business as may properly come before the Meeting or any adjournment thereof.
In accordance with section 6(8) of the National Trust Bye-Laws 2015 additional proposals of names for election may be made in writing signed by the proposer and a seconder (each being a member in good standing of the Trust) and by the person so proposed for election, to be delivered to the office of the Trust via email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than two days before the date of the AGM.
A member may appoint a proxy to vote in his/her absence; such proxy must be delivered to the National Trust office at 558 South Church St. (Dart Family Park) or emailed in pdf format to email@example.com no later than the close of business two days before the AGM. The Chairman has directed that for the purposes of bye-law 7 of the National Trust Bye-Laws (2015 Revision), those members attending by proxy shall be counted as present for the purposes of the required quorum.
A List of Nominees as put forward by the Nominating Committee, at today’s date, is as follows:
- Olson Anderson, Chairman
- Zoe Foster, Secretary
- Joannah Bodden Small, General Council Member
- Patricia Bradley, General Council Member
- Melanie Carmichael, General Council Member
- Cora Grant-James, General Council Member
- Lisa-Ann Hurlston-McKenzie, General Council Member
- Justin Miller, General Council Member
- Dan Peterson, General Council Member
- Gina Powell, General Council Member
- Chris Randall, General Council Member
- Hannah Reid, General Council Member
For more information or to RSVP to the AGM please call 345-749-1121 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: You must be a current (2020) member of the National Trust for the Cayman Islands and be 18 years of age or older to vote at the AGM.
On Behalf of Zoe Foster, Secretary of the National Trust for the Cayman Islands
BACK TO NEWS